I'm Betty Lou!

How do you do? Common sense for common folk ... but just because you're common doesn't mean you have to be ordinary.

Monday, December 31, 2007

Betty Lou Boycotts the New Year!

I'm not a fan of New Year's Eve or New Year's Day.
I don't enjoy excuses to get pie-eyed and stupid drunk.
I reject resolution-making on December 31st.
Why?
Because January 1 doesn't feel like the start of a new year. I don't feel a natural transistion from winter into more winter.
Even at the start of spring, when everything is new and blooming, it doesn't feel like the time when I want to be born anew.
For me, it's autumn. Shifting from lazy summer days into the work mode of fall gives me pause to reflect and assess and plan and make resolutions. The children go back to school and Betty Lou gets focused on the future.
So, I've already broken my resolutions for they were made months ago.
I'm going to bed early tonight. I'd just as soon greet 2008 during daylight hours.