I'm Betty Lou!

How do you do? Common sense for common folk ... but just because you're common doesn't mean you have to be ordinary.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I Do ... I Do ... I really, really Do!


Our President ...hmmmm. Seen his approval ratings lately? Checked out our "successes" in Iraq recently? Heard about the marches on behalf of fair and compassionate immigration? Seen the flip side of that coin in which fellow citizens (or monsters) want to line the Mexian border with soldiers with guns? And what is GWB focusing on amidst these serious, somber issues? Gay marriage.

HUH?

A Republican President wants the federal goverment to crack down on the downfall of morality in this country by banning gay marriage. First off, when did the Republicans publicly claim to be for MORE governemnt in our lives? How does a constitutional ammendment banning marriage by same-sex couples make my heterosexual union stronger? Because apparently it does. I keep hearing, over and over again, that banning gay marriages will lift up heterosexual unions as the bastians of all things natural and good and pure. Next thing you know, Billy Bob Butt Fuck won't be able to cornhole his wife without the Republican party bursting into his bedroom and telling him that doing that won't produce a baby. Because, again, our Republican President is ordering marriage to be about, and only about, making babies. I guess that means no more foreplay, no more oral gratification, no more anything that might serve as an expression of love or excitement or passion or role playing. Straight in, dump a load, pull out and turn off the lights. My oh my, ain't traditional, hetero marriage grand?