I'm Betty Lou!

How do you do? Common sense for common folk ... but just because you're common doesn't mean you have to be ordinary.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

What is Bernard Pivot's favorite word?

Had you ever heard of Bernard Pivot before James Lipton used his questionaire? Hmmmm. Let's start at the beginning. Have you ever heard of James Lipton? If not, let me enlighten you. He's a pompous little man who resembles a fire hydrant but has a nice smile who hosts "Inside The Actor's Studio." At the end of each interview he asks his celebrity guest a series of questions developed by his admitted hero, Bernard Pivot.

Pivot, as Wikipedia tells me, is a French journalist who hosts a series of cultural French TV programmes (Wikipedia's spelling, not mine. I guess "programmes" is European). Pivot developed his questionaire from French novelist, Marcel Proust. Every time I hear an actor answer the questions, I answer along with them. Only my answers tend to change from week to week. But for today, here are my truthful answers to Bernard Pivot's questionaire ...


What is your favorite word? Akimbo.
What is your least favorite word? C*nt.
What turns you on? Kisses on my neck.
What turns you off? B O (that can either mean body odor or Bill O'Reilly).
What is your favorite curse word? Jesus Fucking Christ.
What sound or noise do you love? Air moving through trees.
What sound or noise do you hate? The sound of someone chewing gum.
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Screenwriter.
What profession would you not like to do? Factory worker.
If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? See, it was just as I told you.